Friday, March 5, 2010

Finally!

The recipe I have really been wanting to post was introduced to me by fabulous cousin Sarah Cross!! It is very simple and really one of our family favorites. So, her we go: In a crockpot put a few breasts of chicken, a couple of cans of beans (either black or kidney) and some salsa. Cook on low for 5-6 hours and then shred the meat. Serve it like you would any taco filling. Let me add however, that I think meat in a crockpot should always be cooked on low. Every time I forget to make dinner and try to cook it on high, the meat doesn't turn out as juicy as it does on low. I have a really delicious BBQ beef recipe that I will post soon. I am going to sit down and do the menu planning for next week on Sunday night, so I will let you know what we are having next week. Thanks for all of the recipes so far! I am really looking forward to trying some of them out.

3 comments:

  1. That is a good one. I couldn't eat it after I was pregnant, because it was a problem when i was preggers with Syd. Thankfully three years later I've finally gotten over that aversion. It's going in the family cookbook I believe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your invite finally worked. I had to invite you a couple of times for some reason. Glad to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to take the credit for this, but it is actually a recipe from Aunt DeAnn.

    ReplyDelete