Thursday, December 16, 2010

Chicken Chili

Just made a delicious chicken chili. Got it from my girl crush Martha Stewart. Just love her. Anyway here's what you do.
2 pounds chicken ( cook ahead of time. I grilled mine. Delicious.)
10 plum tomotoes halved (I used vine ripened and it worked just as well I used 3)
1 jalapeno halved (I would de-seed this. I only did one half and it was a little too spicy for me. Nick thought it was good.)
1 white or yellow onion halved
2 cloves of garlic ( I just used minced garlic from a bottle. I'm too lazy to chop garlic for evey meal.)
On a rimmed baking sheet place these bad boys (veggies) and stick them in the oven under the broiler. Until they start to char.
After they are slightly charred put the jalapeno and tomatoes into a food processor or blender and bled until chuncky.
Chop your onion.
In a large skillet add some olive oil and saute your onion and garlic until they are tender.
Add:
1/4 c chili powder
salt
Cook together for about a minute.
Stir in:
1 can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce finely chopped (I threw mine in the food processor)
1 can diced green chiles
add cooked chicken
Raise the heat to high and add the jalapeno tomato mixture. Cook until fully incorporated (3-5 minutes)
Stir in:
1 3/4 c chicken stock
1 can red kidney beans
Let this all simmer for 20 minutes. I like to let my beans get good and done. I let mine simmer for 30 minutes.
If you can't understand this, I'll write out the recipe first.

No comments:

Post a Comment